Monday, May 17, 2010

Bad Hummus.

So, I wanted to bring a nice homemade dish to a cookout on Saturday. I settled on hummus because the two Annies in my life have each served me delicious hummus lately. I consulted the venerable Betty and she suggested that I drain a can of chickpeas and reserve the liquid. I should put the liquid in a food processor with some garlic, lemon juice, and sesame seeds. I used peanut butter instead because I seem to recall that Annie B. said she used that in hers. After that blends for a while, I was to add the chickpeas and blend it more.
It was a disgusting mess- runny and inedible. I am blaming The Betty because it can't possibly be my fault, can it?
I wound up taking store-bought chips and salsa to the cookout. Nobody touched it. They were too busy relishing my brother-in-law's layered taco dip. I failed miserably, but vow to try again... maybe with an Alton Brown recipe instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment